Who's still insured? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yeah here may not be cold but does get wet and windy , last storm brought 51 mph winds and rain , ever have to tie a dehaviland beaver down in that kind of weather? Thats when a good Motorcycle rainsuit comes in handy. Well time to go pull the dead engine out of my dads Windstar and put the low mile used one in, unless it stops raining. Cheers Gerard
    current bikes,
    1983 CX650e
    1981 Gl500i
    Shiny up Rubber Down

We had pretty strong winds here a couple of weeks ago when the tail end of the hurricane Matthew came through. But at least we only got the tail....
    Summer - Mr. Honda ('83 GL1000/Dnepr)
    Winter - The Famous Eccles ('84 CX650EI/Veloural)

Click here for Eccles: The Never Ending Build (retroactive to 2006)
    Click here to visit my blog at CURD

CLICK HERE FOR CX WIKI

Hopefully no damage in your area then? Power went off for 4hrs this time but no property damage this storm, except having to stop a beaver from turning into the wind and making it a rudder stop. Ah sunshine through window ,might go for ride today. All the best Gerard
    current bikes,
    1983 CX650e
    1981 Gl500i
    Shiny up Rubber Down

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

We had several outages from less than a minute to just over 2 hours during the 4 days or so of winds but we don't know whether the storm caused that or if it had to do with the fuel spill just outside town. A young fellow in a little red car crossed the line and hit a tank truck coming the other way. The truck rolled several times and spilled something like 55,000 L of diesel and gasoline. The MOE came in and they had to dig out all of the contaminated dirt and haul it away for cleaning, then replace it with clean stuff; They were at it day & night for about a week. If they had to dig below the bottoms of a few poles they may have had to take down wires

CLICK HERE FOR CX WIKI

Here in Minnie Cold Duh (Minnesota) we are have'n a rare warm November... it's sunny and 70... I put all the bikes away except one... I'll be out and about shortly cruising the lakes... wave at the geese.
    1929 Motobecane (under restoration), 1950 Alcyon, fire dept., motorcycle, 1950, 1952 Terrot (Ex Paris PD), 1953 Peugeot (Ex French Army M/Police, Algeria), 1965 Triumph 650 Tiger (Stock), 1966 " TRITON " (wide featherbed frame with 73' 750 Triumph engine) 1968 Cb450P (Police), 1970 Ducati 450 " Jupiter " (Stock), 1970 Ducati 350 (Full faring street), 1975 Condor (Swiss Army), 1970 Xs1, 1972 Xs2 , 82' 650 Yamaha (Stock), 2009 Honda Helix, 2011 Royal Enfield w/sidecar.

Hi Guys,
    Well no contact with Missing Linkage this weekend , whaa!!!. anyway did get out on Silvy and went to Whiterock for cafe mocka and side of fries. Bike said 15 C so sat on the outside tables on the sidewalk. Ah the perfect lunch.
    Bob do you guys have a stand by genset? Just bought myself one after 11 years here at the airpark no fear of power outages any more. Seems power goes out about 5 times every winter. well getting late ,so good night everyone.
    current bikes,
    1983 CX650e
    1981 Gl500i
    Shiny up Rubber Down

No. I have thought about getting one but we don't have outages all that often most of them are under an hour so a generator would mostly be one more thing that needs maintenance whether you use it or not.

CLICK HERE FOR CX WIKI

Gerard, sorry but the rain clouds would not leave this area so it rained on and off all day. I re-insure in April so let's regroup then. Anyway, I'm glad you had a good ride and java.
    '83 CX650E with various Goldwing hardware

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links