Honda CX 500 Forum banner

J-Rod's CX500 Rear Sets

34K views 127 replies 30 participants last post by  agreeablesteve 
#1 ·
Here we are.

Price is going to be $395.

A folding peg option will be available for $445.

Will come with brackets, controls, linkage for the shift side, along with the mechanism to shift this bike, billet brake stay with cable stay, and a new Motion Pro brake cable.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I have messaged everyone that had messaged me to get on a pre-release list to be contacted before I release them on my website.

What I want to do, is build this first batch all together when I hear back from you guys, and go through and test fit each piece, rather than doing a bit here, and a bit there. I want to ensure there are no hangups anywhere along the way. It will take me a bit longer to get the first batch out, but it will ensure they are perfect.

If anyone else is interested, that I haven't spoken to. Let me know. It takes me the same amount of time to set up to build 20 sets, as it does one.

#3 ·
Can you publish some measurements regarding how far back and how much higher the peg is now so I can determine whether or not these will fit my build? Maybe you have already done so...

#5 ·
Ok, thanks, I'll do some measuring tomorrow. I have a bike to sell, no big deal, but I want the $ in hand before I commit to a set. They look great, very functional but a good looking design, too.

#13 ·
That is tricky on this particular set, due to the shift set up. The linkage must he precise, as well as it changing the location of the levers for the brake. Running the cable, the position of the stay, and the angle it runs to the lever will change how it brakes.

As for black, the local anodizing place, and one of a couple left in the state, that the EPA hasn't shut down, has a $120, fit as much in the basket as you can. If say, five people wanted black anodized black, it could be done at $24/per, and the price would go down with each additional person.

#23 ·
I ain't got no invoice Jarred?!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.